Enter now for the Rural Business Awards 2017!
Farm Business Innovation are proud to be supporting the Rural Business Awards in Partnership with the CLA and Amazon.
The aim of the awards is to give recognition to businesses operating right across the Rural sector, to acknowledge the breadth and depth of opportunity presented by the Great British countryside, as well as to celebrate the achievements of our rural businesses, from engineering through to artisan food producers and professional services organisations. The thirteen award categories are decided by an independent panel of judges drawn from the rural business sector, official agencies and rural charitable organisations.
Time is running out to register for the RBA’s
Entries close on the 30th June so in order to be in with a chance of winning you need to register here www.ruralbusinessawards.co.uk/enter
How do businesses enter?
The process for entering is automated, entrants need to visit www.ruralbusinesssawards.co.uk/enter where they decide which category they wish to enter
Then just click on Enter, fill in the Registration form and pay the £50 entry per category entered. Entrants will receive the Entry Guidelines by email and can contact us for further advice and guidance if required. Entrants then jsut need to submit a presentation and supporting evidence for judging by 30th June 2017
The Shortlist of 5 Finalists per category will be announced w/c 10th July 2017
What are the Categories?
1. Best Rural Start-up
2. Outstanding Rural Diversification Project
3. Best Rural Clothing or Accessories Business
4. Rural Innovation of the year
5. Best Rural Manufacturing Business
6. Best Rural Professional Services Business
7. Best Rural Creative or Media based Business
8. Social Enterprise / Community Project of the year
9. Best Rural Tourism Business
10. Best Rural Sporting Business
11. Rural Employer of the year
12. Rural Entrepreneur of the year
13. Best Food & Drink Business
What are the objectives of the Rural Business Awards?
• To become the UK’s Premier Awards Programme for Rural Businesses
• To acknowledge and celebrate the vital contributions made by companies to the development and success of the Rural sector and rural way of life
• To encourage entrepreneurial spirit in the Rural sector, and to give recognition to excellence in business set-up, operation and management
• To raise awareness nationally of the impact that Rural Businesses have on the UK economy.
• To contribute to the debate around the need to ensure rural locations are adequately ‘connected’ so that they are not disadvantaged by location – be that by broadband, transport, support services etc. which ensure rural communities can not only survive but can thrive.
• To reward businesses who value their rural roots – who contribute to increased employment, better infrastructure and the training of young people to address the drain of people migrating from rural regions to cities.
Who can enter the RBA’s?
The RBA’s categories are aligned to fit with the CLA’s definition of ‘Rural Businesses’ – Land Based businesses, Land Related Businesses and Other Businesses located in rural areas. The RBA’s are not limited to landowners or those working on the land. Broadly the RBA’s will accept entries from businesses who clearly demonstrate that they are either;
a) Rurally based (using the government classification that defines areas as rural if they are outside settlements with more than 10,000 resident population)
b) Are businesses that serve mainly a rural population
We look forward to celebrating the achievements of your rural businesses and wish you the best of luck with your entries!
The RBA’s team can be contacted via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0116 3800 525